- Building Application: Post Fixed
- Building Type: Residential & Commercial Buildings
- Occupancy Type: A, B, C1, C2, C3, C5, D
Colours of Glass Available
- Clear Standard Glass
- SuperClear™ Low Iron
- Tinted Glass
- Pixagraphic™ Digitally Printed Glass
Colours of Balustrade System
You can powder coat your hardware accessories to any colour you would like.
Glass Selection for Balustrades
Choose from 3 different options for our glass balustrades
Toughened glass is up to 5 times stronger than annealed glass. This allows the glass to break with dull edges. When selecting it for your balustrade the New Zealand standard demands you to also use a handrail or top-capping system that will ensure other panels of glass remain in place in the unlikely event of one breaking.
Toughened Laminated Glass
Toughened laminated glass is a safe option for home owners. This ensures that the glass will be bonded together if the glass breaks. The existing New Zealand standard stipulates that an interlinking clamp is needed if EVA laminated glass is used for balustrades.
Sentryglas™ balustrades are the only form of balustrade that can be used in a fully frameless manner. This is because the glass contains an interlayer that is 100 times stronger and 5 times stiffer than traditional laminates. This ensures that deflection is kept to a minimum, in the unlikely event of the glass breaking.
MILANO posts can be face or floor mounted
- Large post fixing spans – please refer to our technical data sheets.
- No need for corner posts, the glass can span horizontally through the end post. The maximum overhang of glass is 500mm.
- No holes or notches are required. The glass is clamped to the post
Scope / Applications
MILANO is designed to be used as;
- Internal and External Pool Fences
- Wind Breaks
MILANO can be attached to the following substrates;
MILANO comply with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
- Viridian’s toughened safety glass
- SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier
Statement of Building Code Compliance
Rated to be used up to an extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
The minimum height for a fence to prevent access into a pool area is 1.2m from the finished floor level. Please refer to NZS8500:2006 for design and safety requirements to meet the building code.
This proprietary pool fence system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
- B1 – Structure and B1/VM1
- B2 – Durability
- F2 – Hazardous Building Materials
- F4 – Safety from Falling (see note below)
Based on 330N point load from NZS8500:2006, maximum heights for the glass MILANO spacing’s are provided within our Technical Data Sheets.
Viridian safety glass options are;
- 10mm toughened safety glass
- 11.5mm toughened laminates safety glass
EBOSS details on Milano Balustrade
Note: This pool fence or wind break can be used to safeguard a fall of a metre or more providing the occupancy is A (other) or C3 and the posts are no further than 1650mm apart.
Producer Statement (PS 1)
To get a Balustrade Producer Statement PS 1 Request Form please click on the link below
Milano DWG File
Milano Technical Documents
Technical Document PDF
Balustrade Producer Statement PS 1 Request Form
The only thing we love more than glass is talking to people about glass, pop in and see us.
Use our FREE online glass calculator to help you find the right glass for your windows.
There are no bad questions, the only bad question is the one you don't ask. Ask today.